Position: Grants Writer
Hours: 16 hours per fortnight
Reports To: Executive Officer
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity where you can genuinely make a difference in the lives of others? Hills Community Aid has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Grant Writer. This role is responsible for writing and submitting grant proposals across a variety of platforms in order to grow Hills Community Aid’s income and ultimately secure ongoing funding for services and support that we provide to the community.
Purpose of Position
The purpose of this role is to secure income that enables the delivery of Hills Community Aid (HCA)’s programs from grant writing activities and funding opportunities.
You will identify an appropriate fit between HCA programs and funding bodies and effectively communicate the organisation’s vision, mission, and programs to potential funders. You will develop and submit grant requests, coordinate the submission of grant progress reports and acquittals and act as the first point of contact with funding body key contacts.
Skills & Attributes
· Ideally, proven experience in not-for-profit grant writing and fundraising or transferable experience,
· Excellent creative writing experience with motivation and initiative,
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise workload to meet submission and reporting deadlines,
· Ability to create succinct and compelling business cases,
· Good understanding of creating program budgets,
· Ability to build strong relationships with internal & external stakeholders,
· Ideally, experience or knowledge of how to facilitate the assessment and measurement of the social need/impact/value of programs with a social purpose,
· Experience using online databases and online sources to locate data and information,
· Previous experience with Smartygrants is highly desirable,
· Proficient use of Google Suite, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
· Research grant and funding opportunities in line with HCA’s current programs and strategic plan,
· Write grant applications using online portals and other relevant media as required by funders,
· Work closely with Program Managers to develop compelling business cases for funding support,
· Prioritise workload to meet deadlines and manage supplementary material required for applications,
· Maintain an up to date calendar of grant opportunities and reporting requirements to ensure funding opportunities are optimised and all submissions, acquittals, and reporting are completed in line with deadlines,
· Develop and maintain relationships with Philanthropic Trusts, Foundations, Government, and Corporate funders.
· Work with the Executive Officer and Program Managers to facilitate the development of evidence-based analysis to articulate the need for HCA’s programs and methods to assess, measure and evaluate their social impact/value.
To apply for the Grant Writer position, please email Mici Beer, Executive Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and a cover letter addressing the Skills and Attributes in the position description.
Expressions of Interest – Board Directors (2)
The Hills Community Aid & Information Service Inc. (HCA) was established in 1969
and is based at Baulkham Hills within the Hills Shire Council local government area.
Our Mission is to create safe, healthy, inclusive and sustainable communities by
delivering social, financial and educational programs which strengthen and connect all
our community. The Vision of HCA is to be a trusted provider of community services
that assist our clients to connect with others in the community and achieve sustainable
life changes through the core Values of Inclusion, Support, Respect and Trust.
We are currently seeking Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified individuals to fill
two positions as Directors of our Board. The Board positions will commence from our
next AGM in November 2023 and are voluntary roles.
We are committed to ensuring our Board reflects the diverse community that our
organisation serves, so we strongly encourage expressions from women, people with a
culturally diverse background, and/or people who are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Ideally candidates should be connected to the greater Hills area and have experience in
at least one of the following areas: Governance, Financial Literacy, NFPs, Community
Engagement, Legal and Marketing. It is desirable that candidates have GAICD
accreditation or equivalent recognised qualification, but this is not essential.
Successful candidates will be required to consent to a Police Check and hold or obtain a
Working With Children Check.
Expressions should comprise a 1-page cover letter outlining why you’d like to be
considered for the HCA Board and a short CV summarising your relevant skills and
Closing date is 30 September 2023 and expressions should be emailed to our President
( email@example.com ).
To learn more about HCA, visit our website (hca.org.au). If you have any questions
about HCA, our Board, or the Expression of Interest process, please contact HCA’s
President Allan Gibson OAM ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).